Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Cheeky Cheeku!

1. Last night, when Saku didn't want to sleep and his dad was insisting, Saku asks Jeshu - "Whats your Pommel man?" (whats your problem man!) in typically his daddy's style. :-)

2. The other day, on seeing the "Dhoni-imitating-Rajni" advertisement, Sahil says, "Dey Rascal" in such a cute way that I wished I didn't have to stop him from using the word. :-(

3. This morning, when his Dad left with him for school without taking his rain-jacket, Sahil tells me: "Sahil like rain, sahil like to get wet, papa also like rain know?" as I was mumbling that it might rain, what would he do.

4. I try to scare the little fellow with an imaginary "Budda baba" sometimes. Because we don't want him to be a Scared Cat, he has also been told, if he behaves well, Papa will beat up the "Budda baba". When Sahil gets angry over something, sometimes he says, "You wait. Budda baba come and beat you nicely." Or he talks to Budda Baba as, "Budda baba, come soon. Mummy not putting Tom and Jerry know. Take mummy and go to your house." :-))

5. Ask Sahil the time and we get one of the following answers: "10.30", "8.30". Today he gave a very nice one - "30.40", trying to impress urgency that I was already creating while dressing him for school.

6. As it becomes late to put Saku to bed almost everyday, I push aside the bed-time story reading sometimes. Last night, inspite of it having been beyond the bed-time, I took the initiative of reading "Pit, Pat, Pet and the Naughty Giant" with Saku. Guess what my son asks surprised (after we finish reading) - "Mumma, Tomorrow Holidayyyyyy?" :-) I had to explain its a working day tomorrow and we can't stay up late everyday. He again asks me, "Mumma not tieeeuuuudddhh today?" (mumma not Tired today). I love him!

No comments: