Tuesday, July 29, 2008

His Japanese-Styled Hindi

That's exactly how my bro describes the basic 'hindi' that my son speaks. Japanese-Hindi :-)
His gender-mixed sentences are good. Wanna capture some of the 'beautiful phrases' he has spilt recently...

1. The other day, when Sahil got irritated with me not letting him come into the wahsroom while I was washing clothes; he stares at me and says, "thahher ja. batati hoon main tujhey." (Hold on, I will tell you.) Thats something I use rarely for Sahil, just to give him a feel that I have got irritated with what he did.

2. On seeing my bro's bike in their compound and not finding my bro in his house (bro was hiding), the little fellow asked my mum, "Naani, Maamu kahan gayi?" (where has mamu (in sense - she) gone?) My bro was caught laughing.

3. While doing home-work, Sahil suddenly pulls the eraser and says - "main karoongi". (I will do - feminine)

4. When he is trying to impress me with something that he remembers I have asked him not to do, he says - "Main aisay karoongi toh mummy marengay" (If I do like this (feminine), mummy will beat me (plural))

No comments: