Friday, August 1, 2008

Straws and Bubbles

Just as I was thinking, I don't have anything new to blog about...I got 2 emails from my friend/sister saying they are happy to read about the little fellow. :-))
* A friend of mine was telling me how her nephews reacted to the 'Drinking Straws'. I could recall how we adults take this simple thing for granted, whereas, as a parent, this is something we 'teach' our kids! It seems the twin boys (aged 3) were pretty comfortable with using spoons to eat their food but had not been introduced to 'straws' until they went to a juice shop. On seeing their aunt (my friend) easily drink up her juice, they imitated the same - causing only bubbles and juice flowed out of the glass. :-) They were blowing air into the glass instead of sucking the juice (just like Sahil had done the first time!). Moreover, when the repeat tries were not successful, they were put off by the failure and chose not to drink the juice, if they can't have it with straw! :-( Of course, now they have mastered the 'art'. :-))
* Bubbles. No wonder the baby-shower-gel companies decorate the bottles with Big Big Bubbles. My dear Sahil loves to point-out the Bubbles (which we fail to notice!) while bathing or even while brushing. He watches the Bubble excitedly until it breaks - while it slips from his arm, until his toe, onto the floor! The more, the better.

No comments: