Tuesday, July 1, 2008

First Homework

Yesterday was the first time my son came home with some Home Work. He had half a page each in Number Work and Alphabet. It was a different experience altogether ---- to hold his tiny palms in my hands, while he grips the pencil, trying to form the letter "c" and number "1" on the dotted lines. :-))

For C, I was trying to amuse him saying, 'make the head first, then the stomach"...(small letter c). He turns and looks at me and says, "it is C now". I wanted to share the same fun with hubby so was thinking if the little one would complete the whole thing at one go. I was wrong. Who can capture the interest of a littul one for longer than 5 mins at a stretch? :-) My mum failed too!

My son says, after forming letters in just two rows, "Mumma, sahil tiuhred (tired). My fingers paining." I was concerned but he puts my fears at rest when he jumps at his mamu and says, "Let's go shopping."

Hubby had his own experience trying to help Sahil do the home-work. No doubt he enjoyed it for a while, but eventually his patience gave in. At the end of it, hubby tells me - "we need a cook." As I look at him puzzled, he says, "So you can spend some more time with Sahil". :-))

No comments: