Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just Before Rakhi - Weekend Updates

Met Khushi and Di last weekend. Khushi is my 6 year old niece. She is Sahil's elder sister.

1. Bro had got similar coloring books for both the kids. Sahil spoilt first 2 pages (partly) in his book and then, wanted to exchange his book with Khushi's! When Khushi was upset and not talking to him, Sahil tries to make her understand, "Both same same lion only know". I thot, if they are same, even after he colored in one - why did he wanna exchange? :-) He failed at convincing Khushi but succeeded in amusing us.

2. Di clicked a cute pic of both the kids, Khushi was somehow managing to carry Sahil off the ground. On re-looking at the pictures captured in the mobile, we came across a similar picture in almost same pose, that was taken 2 months ago! Somehow, the posture seemed new and old both!

3. Had fun with we all playing "Chidiya Udd" that sahil likes to call, "Butterfly Fly". :-) Just before patting the hand as punishment, instead of only adding the 'masala', sahil also says, "salt, masala dosa". :-)) I was glad to hear Sahil say, "Pigeon, Parrot, Crow" all by himself! It was also good to see, when Khushi was calling out "Table Flies", Sahil announces, "Table not can fly". "Know mama?"

4. Saku becomes a Copy-cat with Khushi. If didi using spoon, so will he. If didi doing Coloring, so does he. If Didi says she wants to do to Toilet, he does tooo!! Heights, isn't it!?!

5. On being asked to be generous all the time, with Sahil's demands for Khushi's Balloon etc, Khushi asks her mum, "You not like me know?" I just wished, I could explain asking her to give it to her younger bro has nothing to do with not liking Khushi! :-( Didi spoke to Khushi and I admonished Sahil. Both the parents failed to reconcile the children at that moment. A few minutes later, they were again playing together.

6. Worth keeping safe is the memory of both the kids having cold-coffee with one straw each, out of the same glass. :-)

7. How could I forget this? After having tender coconut in the evening, Khushi announces, in her big-girl tone - "I can hold my coconut in my hands, Sahil is small so he can't do it now." I was just glad, Sahil did not hear that statement and take up the challenge. His "Power Ranger" spirit is over-determined at this stage of his life. He doesn't want to give up on anything easily. :-) I can't afford to break my little toe with the coconut falling on my foot!!

No comments: