Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sahil Speaks...

1. As he observes so much of all that he gets to see, he learnt about "Deodorant" sometime ago. For convenience, he calls it "deello". I have tried my level best to explain the harmful side-effects if the spray gets into eyes...to ensure Sahil does not ever use it by himself. We also keep those away from his reach.

Last evening, as we had a yucky surprise visitor - read Cockroach!, hubby sprayed the "Red Hit" over that. Sahil comes running to me with a sulky face and says, "Mumma, papa using Red Deello on cockroach, mumma." :-)

2. The other day, sahil surprised me by talking like an adult. As his dad was going to reach home late, and it was already dinner-time, I enquired if the little fellow will eat his dinner. He asks me, "When Papa coming?" Before I can answer, he tells me, "Let papa come. Then we eat." That particular day, no amount of convincing helped and he ate with his dad only.

3. The other day little fellow was insisting his dad gears up for a 'fist-fight' with him. Dad being tired was trying to avoid, so he suggested, "Let's watch some Action movie". Immediately comes the reply - "Ac-chun movie also they doing like this know. Dishum dishum, I'll shoot you". "U come papa, Sahil not beat you more. we play slowly-slowly". I was amused at the explanation trying to wade away his dad's fears!

4. The songs he sings and how!
------ "Oh baby when U talk like that!" - "Abhimanyu* dont talk like that"
*Abhimanyu is another fellow at his creche!"
------ "Dekho dekho kya woh paed hai" - "Deiko deiko, kya paid hai?"
------ "We are going to Ibiza" - "We are goin to eat pizza". :-)
------ "Main kabhi batlata nahin" - "main kabhi. I not like this song".
------ "You are my honey bun, sugar pummpy-umpkin, sweety pie. Apple of my eye"

5. If he does not see me immediately when he calls for me, on seeing me, he says, "mumma, where you gone? I churching for you." :-(

6. He shocked me one day, as I picked him up from creche. He tells me, "Ajay fighting with me today. Sahil not Aajay friend. Ajay kill me." The "Kill" is actually - tamil for pinching!

7. He has learnt to say - "Water". I liked it more when he used to say, "Taughter".

8. Off late, he has been hearing my bro and me discussing about "passport". Last night, just before sleeping, he fakes that he is making a call to me. He says, "Mumma, hello, mumma, where are you?" I said, "Hie Sahil, I am at Kripas. (Kerala)". Then I ask him, "Sahil, where are you?" He says, "I am at A-Port (airport). I want Paa-port (Passport). You bring. Okay. Bye". :-))

No comments: