Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Getting Valuated!

Recent Ones:

1. When I picked up my son from school and wanted to surprise him, I told him, "I have made 'Fried Rice' for you today." He surprised me (with his limiting thinking of my cooking talent) by asking me, "Ohhhhhh.... You know to make 'Fried Rice' mumma?" :(

2. The other day I was announcing to my husband that being a North-indian wife, I love to make 'Aloo Parathas' for him and our son. I realized that maybe I was being boastful when I said to my hubby, "Sahil and I love the aloo parathas with curd. Its only you who doesn't like it with curd." Our son was quick to respond, "Mumma, I also am not liking it so much. I am 'managing' what you are making me eat. Really."

I was shocked at the choice of words, the 'managing' and 'not liking'. :( Luckily, my sadness was short-lived as hubby agreed that the food wasn't that bad!

No comments: