Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On Amma's B'Day

As another year of our togetherness begins,
Amma, I stand back and look at us;
Wondering at how soon life passes
and we are knit with memorable threads!

Though one fine day you came home
to see me formally,
I know, I had known some things
about you, prior to that.

Your son had given me
an image of you that overflows with love
and still, chooses to let free
those she loves!

At times, when I used to wonder
If you would be able to give me
your love, naturally, the way its given
to all your other children,
including my dear co-sis;
it was comforting to know,
your son had no such doubts.

He was always so sure
of your un-ending compassion,
that he drove away my fears
about complete acceptance,
as soon as they surfaced.

Of course, I still had
my own side of exploration...
From the first time I met you,
and you asked me, how would I like,
to be called.....The feeling I felt then, Amma,
to be asked so caringly,
made me feel one with the family.

Then, there were many other instances too.
Before I could show to you,
that I will do all I can
to keep the happiness and love
in the family intact....
you showered me with genuine affection!!!

If we thought your sons
love you so much b'coz they are yours,
My regards for you unknowingly increased
to see the bonding between bhabhi and you.

I knew it then, somewhere, deep within,
soon, I will be the child of the mother,
my hubby calls his own!


I can't pen down all the treasures
knowing you and being with you
have brought along.....

The one that makes me go emotional
anytime even today,
is the voice of love I heard
when we spoke first after Sahil's birth!

Do you remember, Amma?
You had cried for my pain!
I had fallen in love, all over again,
with my hubby, for him being your son!

That's how you are Amma.
Sweet, Caring, Loving
without hesitating....
gentle in your own way.


I have thought many times
to let you know all this
and much more....
but every time, we are together,
we are busy making new memories!
Only one last thing...
Please teach me, to be the mum
You have been, dear Amma.

No comments: