Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Things I Know Were Wonderful

  1. The Hotel room/Heater/Iron/kitchen (a home away from home in a way. It was even called the "Homewood Suites"!!)
  2. Having a nice colleague from the same place (office) as a companion (whom I could relate to if I felt lost!)
  3. The longing to return where I belong (this was a nice feeling as it reminded me of all the love I treasure and yet take for granted sometimes!)
  4. Cooking rice in microwave, making papads as well!
  5. My struggle for heating water, when I could have just taken the same from the tap!
  6. The long walks in the evening (those were mind-refreshing as I always ended up thinking - this kind of day-ending relaxation is something we must bring back into our busy routine)
  7. The Bay near the Hotel. I just loved the water stretch, though we could not go boating...watching the water morn and eve was itself nice.
  8. Stay at Malar's place - This was even better than I had imagined! Felt just like family and forgot that we were ex-colleagues once upon a time! Not just Malar, her hubby Baks is a nice person to bond with and no wonder, they make as happy a couple as Jeshee and me. :-)) (yeah, am smiling!)
  9. Cooking with Malar, shopping with them and best of all, Playing Poker with them and their friends!! My first time, though I wished we had more time for that again! Moreover, I won but they say, Poker is a Beginner's Game. The Beginner always wins!! Hehee. :-) We were talking about betting 5$ each and I suggested we start with 5 Rupees. (We didn't eventually bet money....) When I won, I wished we had bet Dollars!
  10. Team Lunch and another Team Lunch as Offsite with just the Doc Team - Ted, Kavitha and Me. I just wish, we had a much longer time to just while away :-)))
  11. My Lunch Outing with Bill (my ex-manager). We chatted for almost 3 hours and it was very nice. :-))
  12. How could I forget this??? When I went out with my friends for Dinner, we witnessed a cute young fellow proposing to his fresh-looking girl friend and the entire episode was so lovely. The guy had got the "Will you marry me?" put into the Fortune Cookie that they had after dinner. :-)) The place was a cosy eat-out and it was a lovely experience to see the girl say, "yes, yes, yes!" slowly, hesitatingly and then so excitedly!! It was very obvious that both of them were happy to be starting out together out of the hotel. She showed around the ring he gifted her...and for a moment, I wished I could capture the scene. I didn't however. I was new to the place. We heard them say they will be married before a year. I only could wish them well... :-))

No comments: