Monday, June 23, 2008

Young one is now 3!

---My son is becoming more of a thinker these days. Few days ago, while we played "Acting Acting"..... he analysed our mutual angry reactions!! In his words, "Mumma gettin angry, then mumma telling know - I will leave you here and go". "Sahil gettin angry, then Sahil telling know - Sahil not your friend". "Papa gettin angry, then papa telling know - I will not talk to you." Everything was fine, until I suddenly realised; I have never told him, I will fetch him back from where I say I will leave him!! I made sure, next time, we were out and I got an oppotunity (that came with ease!) to tell sahil, I will leave you here and go - I concluded with, then, I will come with papa later and take you home. :-) My son, happily chirps, "okay mumma, leave me now. Come with papa, okay?"

---While climbing stairs, I am sudenly pulled away from the next step, by a little hand gripping my dress - "Mumma, its red. stop!". The "Red Light, Green Light" play as I climb stairs at the end of a tiresome day - makes me wonder at the innocence of his childhood.

---Sahil says, "Sahil not can do" for something he 'can not do'. I wonder which is a better way to correct him - "Sahil can not do" or better still - "Sahil can do". :-))

---My son has learnt a valuable lesson in Bike Riding. I just wish, it doesn't fly away like all other small things. He says, 'if we going fast know, we fall down know, we ghet hurt know; then, we cry - mumma mumma'.

---Two days back, he showered me with his love. Guess, what he called me - "Kutty mumma".
:-)) (He lovingly calls his doll as kutty baby)

---The doll they gave on his first day of school has become 'Sahil's baby'. He relates to her as -- "Mumma, sahil not eating, mumma scolding know. Sahil telling baby, baby not eating - Sahil scolding then." :-)) Thank God, my scoldings that seem to work sometimes (when he is playfully ignoring food) are being taken in the right sense.

---On me trying to cut the nails of my cousins recently-born baby, my son tries to act like a grown-up. He says to the baby, "Mumma cut sahil's nails know, sahil not cry. Sahil show fingers pOperly. Baby moving know, then, mumma cut finger know!" :-)

---5June08 - First day of his LKG. The parents of the fidgety new-schoolgoers were more impatient I felt. For many more 'waiting to see them settled' parents like me, it was a big day. Watching other children make crying mess and their parents make fuss - my sahil too started making some crying-like noise - albeit sans tears! :-) Wasn't I a proud mumma!

---4June08 - First time my son asks me a question in malayalam - 'pooaam pettin
illya?" (Not able to go?). Where? At a signal!

No comments: