Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Overactive Traffic Policeman!

On my way to my son's creche, every morning, I see a traffic policeman, who guides the traffic and people with such energy thats SURPRISING! Really, that guy would make you think and re-look at him, searching for some signs of madness or drinking problem...

The first day I saw him, I thought he was trying to create an impression over some Minister's convoy that may be due to pass that way. I was proved wrong...Then, for few days, I could not help but get amused at his energetic antics, for the routine job that he needs to do. Last few days, I have humbled. :-) I am now neither surprised nor amused at the way he conducts traffic. I have moved on to the 'Inspiring' feeling that comes from watching him perform and out-perform himself.

Day-after-day, in the sweltering heat also, he behaves as if the heat or the boredom of his task has no effect on him. With the same 'HIGH-ENERGY' he signals stop to one side, signals to come to another side and like a superman turns around and signals the third direction. I may video shoot him to add authenticity to this write-up. :-) Its worth watching...

I have started thinking, why does he do all this? To keep himself happy? To attract public attention? To bring a few smiles around, at his expense? None of these reasons seem to fit the puzzle he creates. I am still searching for the 'sahi jawaab' ...

*Note: Hope hubby doesn't notice my admiration for the over-active policeman! ;-) Good that he hardly takes time out to read my blog. :-))))))))))))))

No comments: