Friday, October 8, 2021

Feeling It All - Pandemic Thoughts in 2020

 Like Milton wrote

On his Blindness,

do I want to attempt

a consolation to myself?


It has been months now...

the doors have been closed,

windows show a clearer sky

no one to share the view with though.


Doing all the doing that needs to be done,

keeping myself sane through it all.

I see how the kids become moody,

I try and keep myself from falling

Off this tight rope walk.


Keeping busy so the knock is faint

of anything seemingly depressive,

choosing a cheerful frame of mind

for me and mine. 


Waiting for everything to normalize,

the new normal is only inside.

Sifting through my own thoughts,

wanting to make time worthwhile.


If everything is planned,

then there must be something beautiful,

in all this too, so far my eyes have missed to see.

In a way, this blindness and limited view

can only be corrected by Thee.


In time, there would be joyful beginnings,

all over again.

Coz like several other storms,

This Too Shall Pass. 

No comments: