Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Those few moments - 16 Nov 2018

Very Precious to me
just like U are,
those few minutes
when you make me feel
on top of this world.

Times when I want
the Universe to stay as is;
Time to become standstill
and we remain,
just as we are.

I know all mothers love
with a protective shield,
still there are moments
when I feel the delicate
being that you are...
that I wish,
no harsh reality
ever dawns on you, my little one.

I have so many sweet moments
with you, daily.
Moments that tug on the heart strings
asking never to let go.
But we get busy almost immediately
and the longing to capture
the emotional bonding
remains deep within...

When I bathe you
and you giggle, as I
wash your feet and your toes,
when I wrap you up
like a cocoon
and you snuggle upto me,
to kiss my cheek
or better still
keep your wet cheek on mine!

When I am making you eat
and you refuse to finish off
the last few bites,
and then you say,
you would have a last one
for me!

When you play with your toys
asking me to jump in
and you make tea for me
and hand the empty tea cup
oh so gingerly!
I love it when you insist
on setting the table,
bringing in plates
for all of us.

Times when you clean up
the room, picking your
stuff and putting it aside,
and then happily declaring -
"I did the clearing up."
More than the clean up,
I love the sparkle in your eyes
and the look that
demands a hug for a job happily done.

Of course, how can I forget,
when you put your fingers around mine
in your sleep, clasping my hand
within your palm.
Or, putting your arm
around my neck,
making yourself comfortable
in the happy sleepy realization
of your mother sleeping in with you.

Though I gloat over these love-me moments,
there are those in which
you have the hearts of two boys at home
entwined with your caring.

No wonder they say
daughters are special.
Lado - You make me
feel blessed daily.
Quite like your bro
but different nonetheless,
In so many ways...

These are moments non-tradable
with any riches of the world,
the soul-enriching love
that can come only from a child.
My precious,
"Precious" you will always remain.

No comments: