Thursday, August 30, 2018

Sarah Speaks... June 2018

1. "Highlighter!" - You know the word and you say it so clearly. When I asked you if you wanted to color with it - You stumped me by saying, "nahin, isssey coloring nahin kartay. Book mein light kartay hain" (No, we don't color with this. We 'light' the book with it)

2. "cayle" (for scale)

3. "Aap mujhey maarogay toh nahin na" -- Sometimes, when she is being naughty or fussy, I tell her - "come here" little sternly. She knows the tone so asks me this. As if I beat her otherwise. But by asking this - she ensures the softness within me comes as a smile.

4. "Woh log mujhey ghar lekey aayengey na" -- This she asks about her daycare drop. Irrespective of having explained to her countless times lovingly. One day, I found the best answer. I told her - "The didis in your daycare also have to go home. So, they are not going to keep you there. They will definitely bring you back home safely to us." Finally convinced, she doesn't ask this anymore.

5. "Papa - aap gussa toh nahin ho na" -- She asks this when her father gives her a stare. :) She copies his stare perfectly too!

6. "Mainey bola na" -- Children really copy us more than we think. Sometimes, when she gets angry with me, she talks just like I talk to her when I am angry. She tells me one day, "mainey bola na. Did you licchen (listen)?"

7. "Aap meray paas hi chohogay na" -- This one is my favourite. Times when I am not sleeping in with her, when I am tucking her in, she confirms that I will be sleeping with her. The day she asks this, I am tempted to act like I am sleeping right then, with her!

8. "Aapney khaana kha liya?" -- If I announce that I am sleeping with her (while she goes to sleep), she is always quick to ask me if I have eaten food. I love the concern for me that she shows, more than her happiness, though she is just a child of three!

9. "Aap mujhey lenay aaogay na?" -- This she used to ask when I used to pick her up from the daycare. I loved this confirmation.

10. "Agar koi mujhey maarega toh aap kya karogay? chutney bana dogay na?" -- This shows the faith in the power of her parents. :)

12. "Chicken...pehley chicken khaoonga, pehley mutter khaoonga" -- Always asking for anything that accompanies the main food - rather than the food. If chicken is there on the plate, everything else takes a second seat. Same with peas, carrots, curd, cucumber, onions... The list goes on.

13. "Cucurum" - This is how she says "cucumber". Nowadays, its also "cucubum".

14. "Nonshenshh" -- When she doesn't understand what her brother is asking, she says, "bhaiya is telling nonshenshh (nonsense)". :))

No comments: