Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Words...


29 Oct 2018

Close friend going through
loss of a parent...
I only have words to console,
But no heart to say,
few wounds rarely ever heal.

Somehow its different
from all other losses...
The child inside is awakened
in sadness. Bereft.
And there is no looking back.

----------------------------------------------

The other day,
while chit-chatting with
my 13 year old,
I had a faint feeling;
He wanted me to keep listening,
forget to be a parent!
When my expressions gave away my thoughts,
He says - "Ma chill! It didn't snowball into trouble.
Now - listen happily..."
I forgot whatever I was thinking!

This age is so quick
to absorb weird things.
Temper tantrums may return
just like being hyper has!

---------------------------------------

Little one pushing away
the older one, saying -
Mom's lap belongs to me!
I jump in to remind,
Older one is now old
but first came He!
Since he has shared happily,
ever since, Can't she?
Pat comes the reply,
Mom belongs to we!!!
Relieved me. :)

No comments: