Monday, July 23, 2018

Watching the two of you...

July 2018...

Watching you sleep
so peacefully my baby...
wish to continue the rhythm
from within me...

--------------------- 

I call you Laado
I call you Shona, Paato,
Golgappa, Gobi aloo
cheeku, channa meraya
and of course, motiiiiii....
And you put your small arms around me,
cheekily refusing to let me kiss you.
Love your innocence,
and yes, love your arrogance too!
What to do?

-------------------- 

You are growing up just fine,
but I find you lanky now.
Mush is there somewhere
waiting to appear...
Its just teenage beginning for you
and look at what you do,
measuring yourself against me all the time!

------------------ 

And what's that you do
Dab, dab, dab...
your little sis copying you
In equal madness
you spill around.

---------------------- 

Dame' t'Casito
Fun to watch you two
perform like aliens,
so naturally...


No comments: