Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Gift from "Indus Ladies" on Mother's Day!!!


Yey! This Mother's Day, I have been given a gift for being a 'Mommy Blogger'. :) No wonder, I can't stop smiling!

When there have been moments, when I have wondered,
why do I blog?
Plus, why don't I
blog all that comes to my mind?
I have given myself enough reasons and excuses.

I haven't forgotten - I began blogging as a side-effect of motherhood. :) I began with hoping to jot down all that 'being a mother' is all about. I, obviously have failed to do so... as in, not everything that makes me what I am (even just as a 'Mom') can't be reasonably jotted. Mmm... I have continued though, and plan to do so for as long as I can.

This Mother's Day - my son didn't give me a gift (like two years ago), or a card (with his dad's help). He hugged me, and with excitement in his eyes, looked at me and immediately after wishing me - asked me what "Gifttt" I was going to give him!! At that moment, I realized a profound truth I had known but never worded. I was able to think that Mother's Day is not only about celebrating your mother for being who she is -- because she is your mother all your life; it is about celebrating the bonding that exists between a parent and a child. Irrespective of who teaches whom on which day, a Mother's Day is for a mother to count her blessings and to bless her kids.

You know what? The plain act of my son asking me a 'gift' - made me ponder in what ways I can contribute as a mother, to anyone else, besides my own baby. I got some brilliant ideas and I am going to take up at least one of them. Let me see how far I take it. I will write about it in another post, hopefully out of the post-implementation excitement.

Okay, now about the 'Gift' that I got from Indus Ladies. Well, well, Indus Ladies has brought the "Mommy Bloggers" close-together by compiling an e-book, just for Us. :) :) Mm, I am listed there too, but the real joy is to get links to so many other Mommies out there - who are writing about their experiences with their kids!

If like me, you are interested in reading what other Mothers are saying/doing/going through - here's the e-book: Indus Ladies - Mommy Bloggers E-book

Have fun and let me know if you come across something that you want me to write about!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were thinking of sending wishes and love to your loved ones, Flowers Delivery online all set to fulfill your desire.click here

Anonymous said...

If you were thinking of sending wishes and love to your loved ones, Flowers Delivery online all set to fulfill your desire.You can send flowers on any occasion.on the occasion of Mother's day, i am going to surprised her by giving her favorite flowers bouquet, flowers are always the best option in gifts to expressing our love, book a flower for special person online portals.I am sharing some ideas of mothers day. see this site