Saturday, January 2, 2010

December-09 Updates

1. Allowing him to test my gaming skills on iPod Touch has had its advantage. When I lost, I smilingly said, "I didn't practice. How could I win? Okay, I lost." Thereafter, my son seems to have understood two things. We don't need to 'feel bad' if we lose and we need to 'practice' if we want to be good at something! I get to see a big change in him when we sit to do our lessons and my dear son announces, "mumma, I am going to 'practice' everything. You ask me to write, okay? I will write all words 3 times?" [This coming from a boy who finds it too much to sit still and do his lessons! Pat on the back to me!]

Not just this, while writing, when he makes "s" like "r", when I chide, he says, "That's why I am practicing, because I not write very neatly. I will do it 'corretttly' now, see..." :)) How can I not feel proud of a willing heart!?

2. He had questions with "these" and "those". Each "these" question had to be answered starting with "these" (as expected). However, while teaching him, I asked him, "what are these?" - pointing to a set of balls. While he was thinking his answer (I am sure he was counting how many red and how many blue balls were there in the picture...), I looked at him. In my impatience to hurry him, I looked at the picture and said - "these are those". [Wanting him to decode 'those' as 'balls']. For my next question, "what are these", my son doesn't blink an eyelid and pat comes the reply - "these are those". :) [You get what you give...]

3. I love being called "kutty mumma" by my son. I call him "kutty paaapu" meaning "small baby".... and its been more than a year that my son first called me lovingly "kutty mumma". :) It feels wonderful whenever he remembers to shower me with that special "arms around my neck", "cheek-on-cheek", "kutty mumma" hug!

4. His dad takes a full pack of Britannia Cakes. While I pack sahil's tiffins, he asks me for a full pack too. As I stand to reason out, he says, "you gave full pack to my father know?". I say, "yes shona, but he has a drawer at office where he can keep it. You will waste if you take full pack and go..." and that answer doesn't satisfy my little one. Full marks if you guess what he tells next! --- "I not waste. I eat and then I bring it back okay? I help you alcho, I fill my bottle, still now you are not giving me full packet. I like that cake. You give to my daddy only fully." :)) I didn't want him to think that I love his dad more than I love him (what's love got to do with a pack of cake!). Plus, I didn't want him to think that 'filling his bottle, helping me' is a bribe that's gonna get him the cake. I was like, "Shall I keep 2 cake pieces and rest you come home and eat? How about that?" He says, "I not talk." I am left with no choice but not to let him spoil my mood and his for a pack of cake. I got a box and told him, he can take the whole pack but bring back any that he isn't able to finish, by keeping properly in the box. The monkey gets back to his 'hanging on the branch' tricks! (read - being his mom's backpack!) saying "I loveeeeeee youuuu 10 mummmmmyyyyy".

No comments: