Thursday, February 21, 2008

Little Things of Little Fellow

A friend was askin me today, when I update her with so many funny things my son does....why don't I add the same descriptions to my blog? So here go some of them...

31-Mar-08

---My mum fell down and Sahil in all his innocence comes running to me and says, "Naani fell down - Nicely". He is yet to understand Adjectives and their proper use!

26-Mar-08
--Sahil threw a ball out of the balcony. While returning home, after picking it up from two floors down, as his dad scolds him for having thrown it, the explanation comes pat: "Papa carrying Sahil know, Sahil throw ball because". Blaming the dad for having carried him up while he held the ball! How will we be rated as he grows?...

17-Mar-08

-- My son is very helpful. He brings the utensils back into the kitchen from the dining room, after dinner. While I am still busy in the kitchen, he smiles at me and waits for a minute for me to acknowledge his help with my "Thank you". While going out, he quietly switches the light off, with a naughty grin he mumbles "U r wellllcummm". I stand to wonder, why does he help me!

29-Feb-08

---Looking with lot of interest into the vessel containing 'Dal', Saku stared at the long, slit green chillies laying at the bottom of the vessel. Chillies were partly covered with Dal and guess what my son compares it to; after minutes of acute observation? "Cocodile"! (Crocodile) :-)

25-Feb-08

---My son got a Bat-Ball set from his creche after the "Race" the children had among themselves. I was told that my dear fellow was least bothered with all the 'hustle-bustle' of the 'race' and he cooly walked watching everyone (moving his head side-to-side) till the touch line, kept the small stone on the line and walked back! Obviously he came last. His version of the race? "Mummmaa, everyone runninh, Sahi alcho runninh, sahi touchin, keepi, walkin, comin back. Mumma, everyone laughin. Aarti Maam gave bat-ball".

---At Family Day recently, he gave a little girl his Orange Balloon and when the girl was happily playing with it all alone (ignoring my son), he tried pulling it back from her! She gave him one nice Push. Guess how he complains about it to amma (his Grandma) - "ammama, sahi gave my orange balloo to bad girl. Bad girl pushin sahi. Sahi fell down ammama. Thenn...ammamaa...sahi tell mumma, bad girl takin sahi balloo". We had to remind him to tell his grandma that he was pushed because he tried taking back what he had generously given!

21-Feb-08

---The other day my hubby was scolding Sahil and we were caught unawares with him showing his palm towards his dad and mumbling "Thupidh fellow" (Stupid fellow)!! Probably, he learnt it from one of the tired teachers at his Pre-school. I was both shocked and amused. :-)

---Sahil and his maamu (my bro) always get into an argument whether what Sahil is wearing is "Knicker" or "Pyjama"...my little fellow announces angrily each time - "Jamada (where did he learn that for Pyjama!!) nahin hai - niker hai". Sahil wins!

---Last night (20Feb08), hubby was trying to record an inspiring alarm for himself. Sahil came up with one, after seeing my hubby's trials. He said, "Papa, wake up, Coloring waiting U". :-)) This was purely his thought (as I was suggesting to hubby to record something about what U want to do when u wake up)...Probably, Sahil thinks Coloring is so important!

---One day when I thought I would give the good news to my son that I have made his "one time favourite" - 'idli'....I told him, "Saku, mumma nay aaj idllliiii banayi hai". He quietly turned towards me and asked me, "poori banayi nai?", making all my effort seem waste!

*This section would be regularly updated. :-)

3 comments:

taemu said...

LOL!!!

Unknown said...

I like babies very much and its always nice to hear little ones speak in all their innocence. I can feel the joy and excitement in you when you wrote these in your blog.

My favourite "Nani fell down - Nicely"

Keep posting more Menka

Menka said...

:-) Thanks! I have fun writing about my son, as it helps me enjoy his growing up years....Good to know - it amuses my friends and they like it.