Wednesday, June 6, 2007

On Ur 2nd Bday

Joy always to behold my little one!
How long would 'Little' you remain?
becoming your own person
with each passing sun and rain.....

Watching you become - in your gestures
"Big and Strong" - waving that little arm of yours,
leads me to all those memories of your birth
entwined with motherly love and tears!

So many times earlier too
I wished I could pen down
all the feelings I feel
Because of you.....

I begin about you and I
About how deeply I have felt
when I first held you close...
about how sweetly your fingers
have curled around mine several times...

Somewhere down the line
the flow sweeps your dad along
And I stop to wonder
what a bond you two have also formed!

While we watch you run around
uncontrollably sometimes now,
I am bound to recall - how you were
not crawling... but sliding along...on the floor!

Everytime anything new that you speak
fills me with unbound happiness...
And everytime I am overwhelmed,
there's a small prayer that unknowingly
escapes my lips, for you, my dear one!

Would you remember how we have been
How we are taken in by your presence....
when time flies by and you would too,
would our memories work well
when we would have to let you go...
to create your own world, find your own happiness...

Its with love we are bound
my loved one...
why then the fear of loss
that may or may not come at all?

And as if you now remain needing me
as in early stages of your life...
You have grown and our little circle
has enlarged to take in your little steps
even if those lead you little far,
little beyond my arms.....

Theres been so much until now
so much more yet to come.....
as I wish for a happy childhood
for my sweet little son!

It takes my breath away
when with a cheek you refuse
to make me your own...
jus to surprise later
with a lovely hug
totally unasked for!

As you learn to say things,
we strive to teach all we can...
sometimes, its nice to hear you call
Jeshee - in place of dad!

Let me hold on my emotions
for other days...
let me not outpour
all in one go.....

You are and will always remain
My cherished One, our little son!

6 comments:

Anbu Thozhi said...

this shows your love for your son......

Anonymous said...

Too good. Reminds me of the 21 cards you wrote on... for me...on my 21st B'day.
Wish Saahil could read it rightaway to react to this expression of yours:-)

Anonymous said...

A wonderful B'day note for your son!!!
But this also raises a question in me. How many of us are expressing our sincere love for our dear ones? Either we think that they know it or its our ego that stops us from expressing things!!

Anonymous said...

sooper cool....now even i want a son.......lol....i always thought sons were naughty pieces of headcahes with smelly shoes n all the washing to do...but ur poem makes me see other sides as well.....

Anonymous said...

sooper !!

Shows the immense love you have for your son. Good that you found time to compile the feelings you have for him. Your son's eyes are going to get drenched if sometime he comes across this poem of yours ...

Anonymous said...

Hey Good one yar!!!!

I could see how a mother grows her kid with

So much love and affection...
So many dreams about them....

I am sure your Son will love reading this all his life and wud show this to all with pride.